Moderator: Amy Frederick, 60 Plus Association
Senator John Barrasso (R-WY)
Rep. Marsha Blackburn (TN-7)
Jim Capretta, Ethics and Public Policy Center
Important Points to Remember
- Obamacare has always been unpopular, never receiving close to a majority of support from Americans. By more than 2 to 1 the American people have said it is hurting them instead of helping them.
- Democrats have been untruthful from the very start, hiding the damage it causes to our personal medical care. Despite what they say – Democrats knew people would lose their insurance plans, that costs would go up, that choices would be limited, that it would hurt the medical profession, and that it would balloon our deficit.
- Even today, the full costs and harm from Obamacare has yet to be fully realized, with employer mandates just now beginning to kick in. Americans are also seeing sticker shock on their tax bills. Again, documents reveal the White House knew that up to 90 million could lose their insurance plans – 60% of private health plans.
- While the Democrats and media continue to spin ‘good news’ about Obamacare, the reality is that political momentum to repeal and replace is strong and growing. Obamacare has inflicted an enormous amount of harm and suffering, it should remain a top issue through the 2016 election.
- We can hope that the Supreme Court rules that the federal exchanges are ineligible to provide subsidies, thus overturning the President’s scheme – but we cannot depend upon the courts. WE must take action, and continue to fight Obamacare on a personal, grassroots, political and community level!
Where to Get More Information
- The 60 Plus Association – updates & newslinks: www.60plus.org
- The American Enterprise Institute – www.aei.org
- The 2017 Project: http://2017project.org
- The Burr-Hatch-Upton Plan: internet search on “Burr-Hatch-Upton”
- Ethics and Public Policy Center: www.eppc.org
- Write a letter to your local newspaper telling them your personal story on how Obamacare has hurt you or your family. Also, use social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc) whenever you or a loved one is the victim of Obamacare’s high costs, taxes or limiting your medical care. Personal stories remain the most powerful and effective way to persuade and alert others!
- Sign-up to receive information from the many conservative groups represented here at CPAC who are working day and night to repeal this terrible law. Information is power!
- Call your Congressman and Senator, and tell them you will not support any politician who refuses to repeal and replace Obamacare. Many PRO-Obamacare lawmakers have lost re-election, and others are beginning to pay more attention to voter outrage.
- Most important – do NOT let anyone tell you Obamacare is the “law of the land” and just accept it… We must keep fighting it and speaking the truth about its devastating effect on our families until it is repealed and replaced!